A great tasting espresso takes time, practise, great coffee and proper utensils. It’s an art form.
WHAT YOU NEED.
- Dose – 18–20g coffee
- Grind – Fine. Consistency: powder
- Espresso machine and portafilter
STEP BY STEP GUIDE.
- Remove your portafilter.
- Empty the portafilter and clean with a dry towel.
- Weigh coffee out on a set of zeroed scales.
- Place coffee in the portafilter.
- Distribute and level the grounds.
- Tamp the coffee being careful to keep it level.
- Clean the rim of the portafilter.
- Flush the group-head.
- Lock the portafilter into the machine and start the water flow.
- Select a warm cup.
- Keep an eye on the extraction time.
- Enjoy your espresso!